The interest of the modern Western world on the wisdom of the ancient eastern Chinese herbal remedy as being a complementary or alternative treatments are rising and becoming popular due to the holistic approach, emphasis on quality of life and protection against illness by strengthening and restoring the body’s defense mechanisms.
Constructing a strong immunity mechanism is critical for the body to acknowledge and eliminate cancerous cells. Cancer is a disease caused by uncontrolled defective cell division from damaged genes from the body parts. A weaker or impaired immunity improves your inclination towards various bacterial and virus infection, allergies, eczema, chronic fatigue, sickness and aging prematurely also. Modern advanced technology and scientific research have helped to unlock the many preventive and healing secrets in Chinese herbs.
Background of Ancient Herbal Remedy. Reishi (Ganoderma Lucidum) – is a mushroom frequently used in traditional Chinese medicine and traditional Japanese medicine. In Japan it is actually called Ganoderma Lucidum Spore Oil meaning ‘thousand year mushroom’.
Its Chinese name is Lingzhi meaning “herb of the spirit”. It had been an extremely rare and precious Chinese herb in ancient time as well as Emperors from the great Chinese dynasties and Japanese royalty drank teas and concoctions of Lingzhi for vitality and extended life. For over 2000 years Reishi mushroom continues to be the most cherished and popular medicinal herb in Asia and rated as one of the superior herbs within the “Seng Nong’s Herbal Classic”, a 2000-year-old medicinal Chinese book for:
* its efficacy for multiple diseases
* maintaining and restoring balance for the body’s interdependent systems
* safety in long-term consumption with no unfavorable side-effects
* natural resistance in the body and longevity
The dried powder of reishi was popular as a cancer chemotherapy agent in ancient China. Research has revealed that reishi clearly demonstrated anticancer activity with cancer cells and contains possible therapeutic potential as being a dietary supplement for the alternative therapy for breast and prostate cancer. Medicinal mushrooms including He Shou Wu Extract and Cordyceps have well been documented in many recent scientific studies to be potent medicine to improve and support the body’s immune function from certain compounds in them including polysaccharides which increase the activity from the body’s natural killer cells(lymphocytes) which can be vital to remove foreign cells(such as cancer cells).
Supporting research reports published within the Journal of Alternative Complement Med. 2003, Journal of Cancer Integrative Medicine 2004, International Journal of Oncology 2004, FASEB 2004 indicated that reishi clearly:
* demonstrates anticancer activity in experiments with cancer cells
* protects the liver and improves liver functions
* has possible therapeutic potential being a nutritional supplement to have an alternative therapy for breast and prostate cancer
Health And Fitness Benefits of Reishi(Ganoderma Lucidum):
* supports the body’s own immune system by promoting the activity of antibodies
* increases the body’s potential to deal with stress and infections
* balances stress response
* reduces allergies
* promotes healthy liver function
* enhances the body’s detoxifying process to off load toxins
* inhibits invasiveness of breast and prostate cancer cells
* supports a typical, restful sleep
* enhances vitality as well as
Tips to pick the Best Reishi
* choose red reishi – it provides the highest quality extract and it has most scientific evaluations
* choose individuals with cracked spores – which release the medicinal benefits and much better absorbed by body
* wood log cultivation – this determines the potency ahfqfr the resulting fungus
* search for Good Manufacturing Practice(GMP) standards – this ensures the steadiness of reishi active bio-components harvested
* standardization of active constituents – the strength of Reishi Spore Powder depends on its polysaccharides and triterpenes contents
Many commercial preparations can be purchased, like extracts, dietary supplement, tinctures, dried fruiting bodies, teas and teabags, tonics and pills.